Sunday, May 15, 2016

Preface


      2015 was a year that I took to blogging in earnest. With over 5,000 views so far, in a limited sharing venue of local Facebook pages, these sixteen articles have done well to display my writings. Before then, my blog posts were mostly limited to commenting on news articles from a variety of sources. Some original writing was published in Forgotten People of Taiwan, a book of “fictionalized” short stories based on the lives of real people I have met and experiences I have had in Taiwan over the twelve years I have lived here, the names were changed to protect the innocent. In Taiwan Blog Posts 2015, I take off the kid gloves and lay bare the names of people I had met over the years, mostly nice people, but a few of them bastards. 
      Most articles here are drawn from the following blogs:
l  taIWWan –  labor and politics
l  Education-Emancipation-Organization- education
l  Taichung Journal – events and restaurants
l  Pioneer Searcher Refugee – immigration and ex-pat issues

Articles in Taiwan Blog Post 2015 were shared on my Facebook pages in addition to others' relevant pages, mostly emanating from Taiwan. Also, restaurant and scenic spot reviews were sent to the Tripadvisor website where, with over 4,000 views, I am a “Level One” contributor with fourteen reviews to date.
l  Taiwan Writers
l  Taiwan Blogs
l  Taichung Restaurant Guide
l  Taichung Information Exchange
l  Taiwan News In English
l  The Recluse
l  Blues Society on Taiwan
l  Foreigners in Taiwan
l  Taichung Music
l  Taichung Cycle
l  Kaohsiung Writers Workshop
l  Dreams, Short Stories, and Poetry Writers
l  Poets and Writers – United Minds of Delight
l  Taiwan Arts Collective
l  NTU International Students
l  English Writers
l  Short Stories and Poetry Writers
l  Foreigners in Taiwan
l  Taichung English Teachers Group
l  Teachers Against Discrimination in Taiwan
l  FSIT Foreign Students in Taiwan
l  IWW Students
l  IWW Education Workers
l  Hsinchu Teachers Group
l  Taichung Teachers Resources
l  Changhua English Teachers’ Lounge
l  Taiwan ESL Teachers
l  ESL 101
l  ESL Teachers
l  Teachers
l  Teaching English in Taiwan

Because of the multiple posting of blog articles to relevant Facebook pages, and the lack of data provided by Facebook to track viewers, I could track how popular posts were and prevent plagiarism. I chose to keep copyright control of my dissemination by referring all Facebook viewers to posts on my blogs.
 On a Facebook page, I know the number of “likes” and see comments, but don't know how many viewers each article had. Some readers, like drivers that neglects to put on a directional signal, neglect to say how they feel about the article or even if they read it. 
In this collection, I have indicated how many views there were for each article under the title heading. In some cases, I to “block” viewers of articles because of rude and harassing comments.  I unsubscribed to a few Facebook pages. I simply took the high road, responded to readers’ comments three or four times, and then, getting nowhere, blocked.
Under the title of each article in Taiwan Blog Posts 2015, I have printed the link to the original blog article. In this way, the reader can enjoy the style I created for each blog as well as the photos and videos I have attached.
One of my original intentions in publishing my blog posts on Facebook was to create 'buzz' for my writing free on the internet. I have shared excerpts of two novels in progress, Smoke No Fire and It Won’t Work; Life’s Progressive Movement and episodes of The Cats Journey to Taiwan
 I enjoy writing, researching, creating, posting, and getting reaction to the blog posts collected here. Perhaps you have missed reading them on my blogs or Facebook. I hope you enjoy reading them here.


                                        January 4, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment